1. I figured it should be the one with the capacity for abstract thought. But if that ain't the consensus view, then hell, let's put it to a vote.
2. Oh, how can I put this delicately? It's just that I'm not really in the vagina business.
3. The important thing is the rhythm. Always have rhythm in your shaking. Now a Manhattan you shake to fox-trot time, a Bronx to two-step time, a dry martini you always shake to waltz time.
4. Well, think of it, John, to be married to the man who is always the first in line to be hanged!
5. Yes, I did read something of that incident when I was a student, but you have to remember that a worm... with very few exceptions... is not a human being.
6. He always used to say, "Never do nothing you wouldn't want printed on the front page of The New York Times."
7. I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life, anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.
8. And that was only one of the many occasions on which I met my death, an experience which I don't hesitate strongly to recommend.
9. An old lady on Main Street last night picked up a shoe. The shoe had a foot in it. We're gonna make you pay for that mess.
10.What a dear face! Interesting. What a nostril. A dramatic nostril. These people are extras. Extra people. Extras are so patient. They just sit. Extras. These humans are extras. Extra humans.
11.Really? When was the last time you stabbed a corpse?
12.It's a conspiracy, I tell you. The minute you start they put you on the all-American sucker list. You start out to build a home and wind up in the poorhouse. And if it can happen to me, what about the guys who aren't making $15,000 a year? The ones who want a home of their own. It's a conspiracy, I tell you - -against every boy and girl who were ever in love.
13.Y'know that ringing in your ears? That 'eeeeeeeeee'? That's the sound of the ear cells dying, like their swan song. Once it's gone you'll never hear that frequency again. Enjoy it while it lasts.--Children of Men
14.'Course I'm respectable. I'm old. Politicians, ugly buildings, and whores all get respectable if they last long enough.--Chinatown (Does that mean there's hope for Gehry buildings?--or does the fact of this line being in Chinatown prove the point??? f(O_0)
15.That, my friend, is a magical combination of corn flour, dehydrated cheese solids, BHA, BHT, and good old MSG; a.k.a., the chip, nacho cheese flavor.
The big question is whether I would recognize these if I hadn't collected them...
Anyway, I tag Musing, Matt, Pat and BiBi.