1. I own and wear some clothes that I've had since I was 13 including shoes and jewelry.
2. I gain weight first in my hips and thighs and lose it first in my shoulders and chest--always have.
3. I have trouble wearing fitted clothes for any length of time including hose--always have--it makes me feel claustrophobic so I've always favored baggy clothing (this may have contributed to number 1).
4. I have been known to eat and enjoy raw oatmeal including the instant kind in the little envelopes, uncooked batter of almost any kind (pancakes, bread), powdered drink mix as candy, orange peels and lemon wedges with sugar (peel and all). I have even eaten raw spaghetti, but I can't recommend it.
5. I've only begun to enjoy mustard as a flavoring in the last few years.
6. I still can't stand any kind of tomatoes or melons although I like most other fruits and vegetables, except squash and okra.
7. I have only really dated two men in my life and I married the second.
8. I had no intention of marrying the first man I fell in love with in college, but sometimes life trumps common wisdom.
9. I am allergic to wool and find acrylic and polyester uncomfortable, although I don't mind the new micro-fibers. If I could, I would spend the rest of my life in silk, rayon and cotton.
10. I still wonder sometimes what would have happened if I'd taken the scholarship and gone to Scripps in CA. I would have married someone else (or not married) and everything would be different.
11. I also wonder if we should have had a child--that it would have forced us to grow up--and then I hear some three year old screaming just because they can and think--nope.
12. The death of my first dog in 1998 was one of the top five most devastating things to ever happen to me. I can't imagine losing a child, also part of #11.
13. I still miss talking to my Dad who died in 1997 (that would also be in the top five).
14. I have difficulty parting with inanimate objects that I've loved and which have gotten me through rough times--I tend to apologize to them and try to find them new homes or new uses. But I am not one of those people who name inanimate objects like cars. I apologized to my old Golf when I traded it in. I think this is part of why I'm glad I've only dated two people and had two cars.
15. I read voraciously and eclectically, but I am quite dismissive of poor writing. I have no hesitation in skipping to the end of books if the writing is crap (I'm talking to you Dan Brown) or tossing them aside, but I will pick up almost any book that sounds interesting from a free table. Then I try to pass them along.
16. I think that speculative fiction is the most important genre as it tells us about where we have been, where we are AND where we are going--unfortunately there are even more crap writers in this genre than any other, except maybe mystery.
17. I am completely addicted to my G1 phone--I use it as an alarm clock, play with it before I get out of bed and check for new apps. at least twice a day. Sometimes I just like to hold it.
18. Sometimes I think of all the things that I'd like to do and could do when I wake up and end up not managing to choose anything to begin.
19. When I do start working I am extremely efficient.
20. I enjoy playing with programs instead of taking lessons--but then become frustrated that there's so much that I don't know. I also like taking things apart but only if I'm certain I can get them back together again.
21. Because my husband and I are fairly non-sentimental, I like to make up absurd terms of endearment for him like Puck-Wudgie. It used to annoy him, but I think he likes it now.
22. We both make up absurd names for our pets and change the lyrics of songs to fit them.
23. I think con-artist is the only crime that should absolutely get the death penalty.
24. I instantly distrust arrogant people and narcissists. I think it is a front for insecurity. (Says the woman typing 25 things about herself.) This is somewhat difficult in theater and may be why I'm not doing much of it.
25. I believe more in nurture than nature--say 90/10 or maybe 85/15.
26. I am in favor of less friends, but better relationships.
27. I'm not much of a drinker. I like drinks that taste like desserts primarily, and even then 1 will pretty much do me.
28. I've begun to drink more in this job--which means one drink two or three times a week as opposed to one drink a month.
29. My irises have been getting steadily lighter in color since my mid-20's.
30. I stalked my husband for a month before I got up the nerve to talk to him.