Skip to main content

Cheap post

Red Queen sent this round via email. I took out the ones I've posted already.

I Tag Matt but only if he's interested.

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
L-- was what I was called in the orphanage--don't know if it's after anyone
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Last night--moving movie; about a month ago for other reasons
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING
When I think about it, although I don't love my signature
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Brown sugar or maple ham
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
Yes, d'uh.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yes, and I don't actually know anyone but my mother who had them out. Nor do I know anyone who has had their appendix removed.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Maybe
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
For dry snacking--Rice Chex or Kix, as cereal--Blueberry Morning, also oatmeal and Cream of Wheat
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
If they have laces, sometimes. Depends on the shoes
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
No
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Lately Sweet Cream and Honey by Hagen Das (special flavor)
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Demeanor, clothes
15. RED OR PINK Red
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
Emotionally--insecurity; physically--bad skin
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST
My Dad (dead) or Galena (presumably still living--my best friend in jr. high/part of high school, she moved away, we kept in touch for awhile, but then lost touch AND I CAN'T FIND HER)
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU?
Yes
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Plum pants with the pale blue shot silk band I added for length (my favorite pants); my hot pink tie-dyed suede pointy toed PRADA's--my only big name shoes that I got on a clearance sale and love
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Spicy salmon sushi followed by fruit cup
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Carbon Leaf, now Dresden Dolls
22. IF YOU WHERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Plum
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Gardenia's, Jasmine, Jasmine Tea, Guinness's fur when he's clean, Husband's clean skin, peaches
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
Husband, probably. I don't like to talk on the phone
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
I love her
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Football (soccer), Rhythmic gymnastics, although I seldom watch sports at all
27. HAIR COLOR?
Natural--dark brown with red highlights, currently artificially red and blondish high lights
28. EYE COLOR?
golden brown
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
When dressed up (hard to use with computers)
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Most Asian, plain spaghetti w/ Parmesan cheese, sugar
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Thought provoking which can go either way
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Rescue Dawn (Werner Herzog directs Christian Bale in true story set in VietNam/Laos--preview last night)
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Handmade from rectangles of plum, lavender and rose patterned kimono silk, so multi
34. SUMMER OR WINTER
Summer
35. HUGS OR KISSES?
Hugs, kisses from dogs
36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Depends on the mood, molten chocolate cake/rice pudding/creme brulee/fruit
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Moby Dick as I feel like it, some stuff for work; keep promising myself that I can read the things that are piling up the fantastic fiction shelf ONCE I finish Moby Dick (which I'm liking, but having trouble returning to it once I've put it down
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
Black (at work), Newbury Comic face at home
41.WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT?
Nothing, got home late--watched Foyle's War on Sunday night
42. FAVORITE SOUND? Cello
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Are those the only choices? Beatles, I guess.
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Pretty far from country of birth. At what point does it stop being away from and end up being new home?
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
Maybe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adapting a book--The Prestige

I was completely blown away by the movie of The Prestige , and I thought then about reading the novel, but it seemed too soon. So I carried the author's name around with me for over a year (Christopher Priest) and then, finally remembered to buy it through an odd sequence of events. We watched The Painted Veil based on the novel by Maugham starring Edward Norton, and while I decided I didn't want to read The Painted Veil because of it's differences from the film (which was more romantic and tragic) it reminded me that I had wanted to read Fight Club (the movie version of which starred Edward Norton) and that reminded me that I had wanted to read The Prestige (which did not star Edward Norton, but was up against The Illusionist which did). Whew...so it's all Edward Norton's fault. The Prestige is a very good novel, and yet, the movie differs from it considerably. And I am still trying to figure out what exactly that means. The central premise is the same, AND HE

Putting my money (read time) where my mouth is

Some Duran Duran with some songs that I believe prove their musical merit. eSnips gives me the power and I'm going to use it. ( Bwahaha ) Get this widget Share Track details This is one of my all time favorite songs. I have it on a B-Side Collection, although I can't find any mention of what it was B-Side of, just that it came out in 1988. The words are quite haunting, as is the melody. But, I can hear you say, this is not at all a standard D2 song. Well, no, but what is a standard song by any band? How do you average that? Thomas Dolby's singles were always abnormal compared to the rest of their respective albums. Same with Barenaked Ladies. I think the B-Sides are often truer to what the band wants to be without the pressure of the labels for commercial success. Get this widget Share Track details This is probably more like Duran Duran you're thinking of, right? It's from Pop Trash , released 2000. The words are based on the true story of a boy who was building

Books & Bands

A newsletter on webdesign had a contest to mash-up band names with book names--though it seems to have expanded to all literature. My personal favorite is: Horton Hears a Hoobastank But there are many others bubbling under: The Who Moved my Cheese (The Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf is nice too) Courtney Love in the Time of Cholera Wallflowers for Algernon Bleak Housemartins I like the ones that just merge, but this is good too: One Fish, Two Fish, Hootie and the Blowfish (because the rhythm works) For the 80's girl in me: The Joy Division Luck Club The Elements of Style Council A Kraftwerk Orange (which is so great I'm surprised the band never used it for an album name) The Jesus and Mary Chain of Command Everything But the Girl, Interrupted The Five People You Meet in Heaven 17 The Natalie Merchant of Venice Romeo Void and Juliet The Motels New Hampshire (that one's stretching it, but it's funny) At Play in the Fields of the Lords of the New Church (and also At Pla