Skip to main content

After the self-pitying that was yesterday...

Decided it's time for a little more fun. Susan (I use her name because she has it on the blog) sent me the link to her new post which I have added to the sidebar. Being neither single now, nor ever a veteran of serial monogamy I have little to say, but she was nice enough to add me to her blog so I will do the same--reciprocity. I've only ever had two boyfriends in my life and maybe four serious crushes--two on real people (that is people who were near me and might or might not have been interested back) and two on celebrities.

Also heard an old song I like that seemed fitting:

88 Lines About 44 Women, of course I heard it on the radio, so as the commentary says, much was lost to the FCC.

Susan's blog was interesting to me because it's premise--that you can meet several right people in your life and have a good time with them for a bit--is sort of the yang to my post on my husband and choosing, after the hormones die down, that you will make the hearts and flowers happen. Of course, I did want to add that there are some people you should run from--you cannot single handedly save or even maintain a relationship. The other person has to agree too. Learned that from a very dear friend who does not have a blog.

(In case you are wondering--I list friends in the order in which I met them. Red Queen I met in college, Mirror in about 2002/2003, David I met through Red Queen, Musing through Hyde love, Susan I met in 2005, and Matt I met on Musing's board--6 degrees).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Putting my money (read time) where my mouth is

Some Duran Duran with some songs that I believe prove their musical merit. eSnips gives me the power and I'm going to use it. ( Bwahaha ) Get this widget Share Track details This is one of my all time favorite songs. I have it on a B-Side Collection, although I can't find any mention of what it was B-Side of, just that it came out in 1988. The words are quite haunting, as is the melody. But, I can hear you say, this is not at all a standard D2 song. Well, no, but what is a standard song by any band? How do you average that? Thomas Dolby's singles were always abnormal compared to the rest of their respective albums. Same with Barenaked Ladies. I think the B-Sides are often truer to what the band wants to be without the pressure of the labels for commercial success. Get this widget Share Track details This is probably more like Duran Duran you're thinking of, right? It's from Pop Trash , released 2000. The words are based on the true story of a boy who was building ...

KARAOKE

This is for Musing and B to take both of their minds off of other things. I happened to find it instead of what I was looking for (which was the 5Lives--they know what this means). Now, I'm not a fan of Karaoke, but I found this entertaining not because of the song, which is not a favorite of mine (more on that in a minute) but because it's written three different ways-- Romajii , Kana and English translation. I wish I could find more (perhaps of the songs I like more), but the irc seems to be dead. I did find this: http://www.karaokebox.org/ which is kind of fun, because you can sing with the artist, and then try it alone, but it doesn't tell you WHEN to sing, like a real karaoke version. Now, what I was saying about it not being my favorite got me thinking. L'Arc has 118 song by rough count--counting "My Heart Draws a Dream" due out next week, but not any of the remixes, Ectomorphed songs, D'Arc , P'Unk , live versions, Hydeless versions or the ...

The Departed and some quick catch-ups

I threw out two trash bags of stuff today--projects I will never finish, even fabric I will never use, paper cranes. One of the best pieces of advice I ever received was that, "There will always be more fabric." There will always be more origami paper. This time I was smart, I did some projects FIRST and then reorganized and threw out after, instead of cleaning everything first and then running out of time and energy to do a project, resolving to do it tomorrow and not doing it until the sewing room needed cleaning again. Did my laundry, sewed a bodice to a skirt, made a shrug and cleaned my silver jewelry. Then tonight we watched The Departed . My God, what an awful film. It really was. I know it's gotten all this critical acclaim but I just thought it was a mess. The first half dragged on trying to lay on all kind of important inferences about Boston politics, race and class. It only became interesting at all when it started just stealing every scene from Infernal Affa...