Skip to main content

Ha, Ha, now I'm ahead!

Follow up. I did not use the exercise videos, but I swam every night and tried the gym once (thus using shoes and one of the outfits). I could have worn the flip flops as slippers but the slippers roll up like socks so no big loss of space. I am about half way through Moby Dick and they have finally seen the whale. I watched the film, but not the L'Arc video (Collateral--good film, but unfortunately being set entirely at night it was a bit dark to watch on a laptop). I had motion sickness on the way down and could not work on the Games magazine, but did some on the way back. Looked at the writing and modified one word choice--woohoo, Trollope I ain't. Never touched the Blackberry and listened to 3 songs on the mp3 player. Used the phone a lot. Used the wifi, but as stated below, did not blog just checked others' blogs. Other people brought far more shoes than I--a different pair of pumps everyday. I was able to pack most of the massive chunk of paper they gave us and still get all of my clothes in. If you can still shut the suitcase it's not too much, right? I wish I could have listened to music, read and/or watched the L'Arc video on the way back, but I was with the other women and felt obliged to be entertaining.

Observation: Susan recently posted about comparing ourselves to other women--specifically the women our men once dated and/or slept with. As women we compare and compare. Some of my first thoughts on Tuesday were: I am not the oldest or the fatest, but I'm not the youngest or the thinnest (objective). I am not the ugliest or the prettiest (subjective). Later: I'm probably the best educated (objective) and I may well be the smartest (somewhat subjective). I certainly did the best on the trivia test. I'm definitely NOT the most confident (with or without reason), but I'm also not the most arrogant. Not sure what that adds up to at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Putting my money (read time) where my mouth is

Some Duran Duran with some songs that I believe prove their musical merit. eSnips gives me the power and I'm going to use it. ( Bwahaha ) Get this widget Share Track details This is one of my all time favorite songs. I have it on a B-Side Collection, although I can't find any mention of what it was B-Side of, just that it came out in 1988. The words are quite haunting, as is the melody. But, I can hear you say, this is not at all a standard D2 song. Well, no, but what is a standard song by any band? How do you average that? Thomas Dolby's singles were always abnormal compared to the rest of their respective albums. Same with Barenaked Ladies. I think the B-Sides are often truer to what the band wants to be without the pressure of the labels for commercial success. Get this widget Share Track details This is probably more like Duran Duran you're thinking of, right? It's from Pop Trash , released 2000. The words are based on the true story of a boy who was building ...

KARAOKE

This is for Musing and B to take both of their minds off of other things. I happened to find it instead of what I was looking for (which was the 5Lives--they know what this means). Now, I'm not a fan of Karaoke, but I found this entertaining not because of the song, which is not a favorite of mine (more on that in a minute) but because it's written three different ways-- Romajii , Kana and English translation. I wish I could find more (perhaps of the songs I like more), but the irc seems to be dead. I did find this: http://www.karaokebox.org/ which is kind of fun, because you can sing with the artist, and then try it alone, but it doesn't tell you WHEN to sing, like a real karaoke version. Now, what I was saying about it not being my favorite got me thinking. L'Arc has 118 song by rough count--counting "My Heart Draws a Dream" due out next week, but not any of the remixes, Ectomorphed songs, D'Arc , P'Unk , live versions, Hydeless versions or the ...

The Departed and some quick catch-ups

I threw out two trash bags of stuff today--projects I will never finish, even fabric I will never use, paper cranes. One of the best pieces of advice I ever received was that, "There will always be more fabric." There will always be more origami paper. This time I was smart, I did some projects FIRST and then reorganized and threw out after, instead of cleaning everything first and then running out of time and energy to do a project, resolving to do it tomorrow and not doing it until the sewing room needed cleaning again. Did my laundry, sewed a bodice to a skirt, made a shrug and cleaned my silver jewelry. Then tonight we watched The Departed . My God, what an awful film. It really was. I know it's gotten all this critical acclaim but I just thought it was a mess. The first half dragged on trying to lay on all kind of important inferences about Boston politics, race and class. It only became interesting at all when it started just stealing every scene from Infernal Affa...