Saturday, May 19, 2007

My mind is wandering

Oh, man, I finished that blog and couldn't think why I started it. My brain is going in way too many directions this week.

The reason I started it was that on Unbelievable Truth, history of the underground, a true fact was that most suicides by subway train occur at 11 am. And the panel said, "You hear there's a delay and you don't think, 'Oh, some poor sod,' you think 'Damn, I'm going to be late.'"

It took me 1 hour 15 minutes to get to work on Monday morning and when I checked traffic I heard that there had been an accident and I was mentally cursing some Beemer driver in a fender bender. When I got to work and checked the news I learned that 3 to 6 cars had been involved and 12 people had been taken to the hospital and I felt like a shmuck.

1 comment:

the other Joan said...

There is a Goddard film from the 60's about a weekend, where you see a line of cars stopped on a highway, and the faces of the people stopped and waiting go from looks of annoyance, to rage, to curiously onlooking, to horror, as it is revealed the cause of the hold up is a school bus accident. You've just had a Goddard moment.